1/2 Photos of Spicy Mexican Quinoa Casserole
A healthy mexican casserole dish that is really yummy and easy to make. For an added twist...if you like stuffed peppers, at step 5 stuff mix into 4-5 large bell peppers, add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of pan and bake for 30 minutes.Top with additional salsa and shredded cheese! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I keep the seeds in!)
- 1/4 cup salsa (I use On The Border-Hot)
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Cook quinoa in chicken broth according to package directions.
- 2In a large flatbottom skillet sauté onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapenos.
- 3Add rest of ingredients and cook until warmed through.
- 4Fluff quinoa when it’s done and add to skillet with everything else.
- 5Transfer to a stone bakeware pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with additional salsa & top with shredded cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mexican Quinoa Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1056.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g