A healthy mexican casserole dish that is really yummy and easy to make. For an added twist...if you like stuffed peppers, at step 5 stuff mix into 4-5 large bell peppers, add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of pan and bake for 30 minutes.Top with additional salsa and shredded cheese! Enjoy!
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I keep the seeds in!)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (I use On The Border-Hot)
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook quinoa in chicken broth according to package directions.
- In a large flatbottom skillet sauté onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapenos.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook until warmed through.
- Fluff quinoa when it’s done and add to skillet with everything else.
- Transfer to a stone bakeware pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional salsa & top with shredded cheese, if desired.
Served this at our Bible class last night. Served it with baked tortilla chips. It was a big hit everyone wanted the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I added 1/2 a cup of bulgur and used black quinoa. Didn't have beans, but I had a yellow, red, and orange peppers that made it very colorful and pretty! Definitely going to make this again.