1/2 Photos of Spicy Grilled Tofu
4 hrs 10 mins
Be sure to use extra firm tofu and press out as much of the water as you can. To prevent sticking, give the tofu slices and the grill rack a generous coat of nonstick cooking spray. Cooking time includes marinading the tofu for 4 hours. This is from VT May/June 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the tofu slices on several layers of paper towels and cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally with your hands to squeeze out the water.
- 2Place the tofu in a single layer in the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, maple syrup, tamari, chile paste, garlic, and pepper.
- 4Pour mixture over the tofu, stirring to coat all the slices.
- 5Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 6When the tofu is marinated and ready to cook: Spray grill rack or pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- 7Place tofu slices on the grill. Reserve the marinade.
- 8Grill tofu 3 or 4 minutes on each side, or until the outside is browned and crisp.
- 9Return tofu to the baking dish and toss the slices with the reserved marinade.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Grilled Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic