Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
chicken w/ a zesty marinade, great at a bbq or with a side of steamed rice for a simple weeknight meal! --NOTE-- marinate a few hours for greatest results!!
- 2 lbs stir-fry chicken or 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper seasoning
- 1 cup picante sauce
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl or zip lock bag, toss to coat evenly.
- let sit to absorb flavors or
- thread onto wooden skewers (that have been soaked in water for at least 30mins) and grill for about 8-10 mins basting frequently with marinade mixture.
- to serve squeeze w/ lime juice and a dash of salt.
- SoSoSo good.
- *note* I have also just sauted this in the skillet over med-hi heat when I've been In a rush.