1/2 Photos of Spicy Fish Head (Chopped Pepper)
I have been to Hunan province in previous days having an excited food journey. At the last day backing home, my husband’s mother stuffed our suitcase with lots of the local condiments including doubanjiang(broad bean paste Hunan version), chopped chili peppers and lots of dried small fishes. It has been a tough journey backing home since the suitcase becomes so heavy. But this is a start for another food adventure. Chinese people love to eat fish head due to the richer nutrition compared with normal meat. And do not be scared by the process because it is quite simple. The method used here is steam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the fish head and cut it into two halves.
- 2Prepare a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and some salt (do not add too much since the chopped chili pepper is salty).
- 3Brush oil on both sides of the fish head and sprinkle some black pepper powder and ginger shreds on the surface. Put aside for about 20 minutes. Put the chopped chili peppers on fish head and leave it for another 10 minutes.
- 4Put some water in a wok or any pot you can steam, put the fish head to steam for around 15 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top.
- 6Heat some oil in wok, add chopped garlic to cook for 1 minute, and then pour the oil heated on the surface of the fish head to help make the flavor going into the meat.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fish Head (Chopped Pepper)
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g