Great Soup on a weeknight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, sliced lengthwise, cut into 6-inch lengths, and smashed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 3 inches, sliced 1/2-inch thick (or you can use a couple of tablespoons of the gourmet garden ginger in the tube, which I use all the)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, end trimmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 1/2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (I used the Ã lightÃ coconut milk that Trader Joes sells)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1Heat oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add lemongrass, ginger, red pepper and jalapeno and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2Add the chicken and brown.
- 3Carefully add stock, coconut milk, fish sauce (if using) lime juice and sugar and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and add snow peas and cook until snow peas are cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 5Top with basil and cilantro sprinkled over the top. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: