Recipe by youngandhungry
This is a recipe for spicy citrus chicken that I picked up at a Sam's Club demonstration. It is VERY delicious. The original recipe did not have the juice of one orange, but I love the added flavor (sometimes the citrus spices aren't enough). Also, I suggest kicking up the hot sauce to a full cup for added flavor! (Do NOT use a Louisiana style hot sauce, only Frank's Red Hot or similar, like Krystals)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons citrus zest (use citrus grill spice, RZ wouldn't let me put that in)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hiden valley ranch dressing mix (dry powder mix)
- 1 orange, juice of
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 2 lbs. chicken breast into cubes.
- Mix 3 tablespoons citrus grill spice, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle on chicken.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to hot saute pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Mix 3/4 (or 1) cup hot sauce, 3/4 cup water, and 1.5 Tbsp ranch mix together and add to pan.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 8-10 minutes until sauce is desired consistency and chicken is cooked.
- Add juice of one orange anytime during simmering, the later the more fruity it'll be.