1/4 Photos of Spicy Chicken Tagine With Apricots, Rosemary, and Ginger
Amber Dawn's Note:
From the book Tagine: Spicy Stews from Morocco. This tagine is both fruity and spicy, though not too hot. The ginger and rosemary give a wonderful aroma! It can be made with chicken pieces, (I use boneless skinless breasts) pheasant or duck. Serves well with a buttery couscous and a leafy salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, 1 finely chopped, the other 2 cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with their juice
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1Heat oil and butter in a tagine or heavy-based casserole dish.
- 2Stir in ginger, onion, chopped rosemary, and chilies and sauté until the onion begins to soften.
- 3Stir in halved rosemary sprigs and the cinnamon sticks.
- 4Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- 5Toss in the apricots and honey.
- 6Stir in plum tomatoes with their juice.
- 7Add a little water if necessary to ensure there is enough to cover the base of the tagine and submerge the apricots.
- 8Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- 9Cover with a lid and cook gently for 35 - 40 minutes.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Sprinkle shredded basil over chicken.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Tagine With Apricots, Rosemary, and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: