Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat version of Rachael Ray's Shrimp Noodle Bowl - we like it better with chicken, but you can substitute shrimp.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inches gingerroot, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks or grated
- 2 cups shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 medium bok choy, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces, then cut sticks lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli (thin spaghetti)
- 4 scallions, cut into 3 inch pieces, then shredded lengthwise into thin sticks
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, 3 turns of the pan, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and bok choy, then season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and. Put a lid on the pot and bring soup to a boil.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook 3 minutes. Add in scallions and cook 2 minutes, then turn off soup and let it sit 2 to 3 minutes more. Adjust salt and serve.