Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband can't get enough of this stuff. I'll make a tripe batch and put it in a huge tub, and it will last a couple of weeks worth of lunches. NOTE: this is SPICY, so you have been warned! It's not overly hot, but it's got a kick!
- 1⁄4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Original Stick
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (not hot sauce, use Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
In a large bowl combine
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup rye chips (like in Gardettos)
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- Preheat the oven for 250*.
- Microwave the butter and rest of seasoning until melted. Pour over the already mixed dry ingredients. Toss well until all is coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Pour onto 2 cookie sheets and bake in an oven at 250* for 1 hour. Make sure to take out every 15 minutes to toss then put back in the oven.
- Pour onto paper towels and let the mixture cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yum! I made this for a a NYE celebration. I used 2 T. Franks, 1 T sriracha (to make up the difference between Franks and Tabasco), and subbed Cheez-its for the rye chips. I also used Zantarain's cajun spice mix. Just the right amount of spice (i.e. very spicy!!) Thanks!
I to make something similar for my hubby, but I use Dave's insanity sauce instead of Tabasco. Fun and easy to switch up the original Chex Mix recipe. I sometimes use BBQ sauce for the kids, but it tends to burn easier.