Spicy Bean Burrito Mix
This is a very easy bean burrito filling, or can be used as a great side item!
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, diced (I use Pickled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch seasoning salt
- Sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in olive oil for 2 minutes in medium sauce pan on high heat.
- Add the beans, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and seasoning salt. Stir frequently together for about 5 minutes or until beans are hot.
- Serve by itself or in a tortilla and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a great way to add a little "oomph" to plain refritos. I used refried black beans (my personal preference over pintos) and only 1/8 tsp cayenne. Everything else was as directed. The amount of heat was perfect for me - not too spicy, just a nice background heat. Served with cheddar-jack cheese and sour cream in a flour tortilla. Yum! Thanks for sharing!