Recipe by Buster's friend
Found this and had to stash for DF who loves chai & hates coffee ( a real problem in our coffee - enhanced household!). From The Spice House - "This is a seasoning mix for quick spicy chai. Unlike most recipes, the seasoning mix can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator until needed. Also neither the spices nor the tea are cooked. Just add this to any brewed black tea. A warning: it is very spicy and amounts of the mix can be adjusted to personal taste." This recipe by Stephen Gross from Des Moines.
Top Review by Elmotoo
I like the idea a lot. This was very easy to assemble & made delicious chai. But it didn't work out as I'd hoped. The spices left a gritty sludge in the mug which was quite unappealing. I used at least twice as much seasoned condensed milk for my tastes - it's not THAT spicy. ;) It was still worth a try! Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 7/09.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons cardamom, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)