Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
The buttermilk is such a nice addition to marinades. It is a good way of tenderizing the meat and adds flavor.
Top Review by Lucky Ducky
I had some buttermilk left over from making pancakes, so looked for a recipe to try. Although the buttermilk made the chicken VERY tender and moist (even after grilling), this chicken did not have great flavour. I thought it would be spicier . . . it had nice colour, but not a lot of taste.
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pcs and skin removed from all but the wings.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ziplock bag, combine buttermilk, hot pepper sauce, paprika, and salt.
- Add chicken, turn once to coat.
- Seal bag, get out as much air as possible.
- Refrigerate chicken 1 hour, turn once.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Place chicken on medium heated grill, grill, turning occasionally, till juices run clear when thickest part of the chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife.