Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy, perky and very easy to prepare. Served with raita or a mint chutney, these go very well with Naans and Tandoori rotis, but taste equally good with a hearty salad and bread rolls. Prep time includes marination time of one hour.
- Make large incisions on the chicken legs.
- Make a marinade by mixing all the above ingredients, except the oil.
- Smear the marinade all over the chicken pieces.
- Cover and keep aside for one hour.
- Pour oil on the chicken and mix well.
- Broil on a bbq grill, over live coals, turning 2 or 3 times and basting generously with the marinade, till done (approx 8- 10 mins).
- Alternately, heat a griddle (outside, on your barbecue grill or inside over your kitchen stove), pour 1 teaspoon of oil for each chicken piece, and cook chicken on the griddle, basting with the marinade, till done.
- You can also broil the chicken in the oven, turning and basting till done (approx 8- 10 mins).
- Serve with raw onion rings and wedges of lime.
Made this twice now, once in the oven and once cooked it on the barbeque. I did remove the skin and also marinated it longer, up to a day. A very good chicken recipe!