1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Spicy, perky and very easy to prepare. Served with raita or a mint chutney, these go very well with Naans and Tandoori rotis, but taste equally good with a hearty salad and bread rolls. Prep time includes marination time of one hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make large incisions on the chicken legs.
- 2Make a marinade by mixing all the above ingredients, except the oil.
- 3Smear the marinade all over the chicken pieces.
- 4Cover and keep aside for one hour.
- 5Pour oil on the chicken and mix well.
- 6Broil on a bbq grill, over live coals, turning 2 or 3 times and basting generously with the marinade, till done (approx 8- 10 mins).
- 7Alternately, heat a griddle (outside, on your barbecue grill or inside over your kitchen stove), pour 1 teaspoon of oil for each chicken piece, and cook chicken on the griddle, basting with the marinade, till done.
- 8You can also broil the chicken in the oven, turning and basting till done (approx 8- 10 mins).
- 9Serve with raw onion rings and wedges of lime.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy BBQ'd Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.0 g