Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Cooking Light's March 2005 issue. A great way to use up leftover chicken. Cooked, chopped shrimp or pork would work in these wraps also. Easy & Yummy!
- Cover bean threads with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Drain, and rinse under cool water.
- Chop noodles.
- While bean threads soak, combine cilantro, soy sauce, chile paste and oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add noodles and chicken to soy sauce mixture; toss well to coat.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each lettuce leaf, then roll up and enjoy!
This was one of my picks for the Spring 2007 PAC event. Extremely easy to put together. I used chili-garlic sauce instead of paste as that was what I had on hand. Also, I cannot wrap anything in lettuce to save my life, so after trying a couple of times, I simply placed the chicken mixture on a bed of lettuce and used a fork, lol. The taste was really good, but I love cilantro, DH wasn't as enthusiastic. The spiciness was just enough to put a little heat in your mouth without being overwhelming. A great quick lunch! Thanks Kater!