1/1 Photo of Spicy Apple-Stuffed Squash
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350-F degrees and lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- 2Halve squash, remove seeds, and cut into quarters.
- 3Place quarters skin-side up in dish and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine apple, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 5Turn the squash's cut sides up and stuff them with the apple mix ture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes longer, or until apples are tender.
- 6Serve warm.
- 7Kitchen Staff Tip: If you're in a pinch for time, you may prepare this recipe in the microwave by preparing the squash as directed, placing cut-side up in a microwave- safe dish, and cooking on high for 6 or 7 minutes.
- 8Make sure to rotate the squash halfway through cooking time. Top squash with the apple mixture, cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Apple-Stuffed Squash
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g