- Preheat oven to 350-F degrees and lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Halve squash, remove seeds, and cut into quarters.
- Place quarters skin-side up in dish and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine apple, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Turn the squash's cut sides up and stuff them with the apple mix ture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes longer, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
- Kitchen Staff Tip: If you're in a pinch for time, you may prepare this recipe in the microwave by preparing the squash as directed, placing cut-side up in a microwave- safe dish, and cooking on high for 6 or 7 minutes.
- Make sure to rotate the squash halfway through cooking time. Top squash with the apple mixture, cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.