Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can assemble this casserole in its baking dish and store it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a day.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven.
- Microwave at high 16 minutes or until tender, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a large bowl.
- Discard skins.
- Add sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through nutmeg), and beat with a mixer at low speed until combined.
- Add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I cut this recipe in half and it came out nice!. I enjoyed the flavor and the nutmeg was a nice touch. Thanks Mirj!
The whole family loved this! It was like desert before desert time, but not overly sweet like some sweet potato dishes can be. Nice balance of flavor. Instead of cinnamon and nutmeg, I used a spice similar to pumpkin pie spice. Yummy! Thank you very much - I just might make this a Thanksgiving favorite.
Delicious sweet potatoes! Mixed it and re-stuff back into the potato shells. Good stuff!