Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted per a request for sardine recipes from Troy. This comes from a much loved cookbook, Indian Cooking. Russell loves these-I'm not so fond of tiny fish with lots of bones! Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- Scale and clean the fish (or have your fish-monger do this bit for you).
- Wash gently in cold water.
- Pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Add the salt to the garlic and crush to a smooth paste.
- Mix the garlic paste, lemon juice, turmeric and chilli powder together in a small bowl.
- Put the fish in a wide, shallow bowl and pour the marinade over.
- Spread it over the fish, cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Dip each fish in the flour and coat it thoroughly.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides (2-3 minutes each side).
- Drain on absorbent paper.