Recipe by Vina
This is a recipe I got years ago from an old friend. I rediscovered it while cleaning out an old recipe box. It's a delicious appetizer or addition to a relish platter. Also very easy. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by saltysally
This is a fabulous make-ahead recipe! I've make it twice, once with the white wine vinegar, and once with cider vinegar. Both are great, and a nice palette cleansing addition to a buffet.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Pour hot mixture into a heat safe container and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours, but 24 is better.
- You can add a small hot pepper or two to the pot while boiling to add heat.
- Drain to serve.