Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
This is from the Thanksgiving edition of Living magazine. Posting for safe keeping.
Top Review by Outta Here
Really good and really easy! Just the right amount of spiciness. I cut the amount of salt in half, but otherwise made as written. Made a nice addition to a snack tray for watching football. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup raw pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss together pecans, pepitas, oil, chili powder, and salted on a rimmed baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring once, until well toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mixture can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.