Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
Instead of throwing out your orange peels, put them to good use in your crock pot! I love how this mixture of orange peels and spices fills my home with a warm, inviting aroma. Making your own potpourri can't get any easier than this! Even better--it's non-toxic!
- 3 oranges, peels of
- 6 cloves, whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground (or 1/2 cinnamon stick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground (or 1/2-inch nub, grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground (or freshly ground)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a small crock pot, place orange peels, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Pour water over all.
- Set on low heat for the entire day, checking the water level periodically to prevent burning.
- You can even enjoy it for one more day if you like. Just place the cooled mixture into a container, refrigerate and reheat another day (which is what I do often).