Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this on a New Zealand Pork site, but added extra ginger and 5 spice when I made it.
- 1 1⁄2 kg pork spareribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch five-spice powder (optional)
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the spareribs, cover and leave to marinate over night.
- Place in oven preheated to 180c.
- Cook 1-1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally until the ribs are cooked.
Though the cooking time was off for me ( 1 Hour) and definately done these were GREAT !! Love the marinade on these as they were gobbled down in a hurry. Very Satisfying recipe. Made for Recipe Swap #48.
these were a 10 star recipe. They were so good very juicy and i will be making them again. loved the maple syrup and five-spice powder. I had no problem with the cooking time. Cooked for just over 1hr. Made for Edition 5: MAKE MY RECIPEâ€”a game of tag! in Aust/NZ forum.
NIce tasty ribs. I left them marinate for 2 days. Though you might want to watch the cooking time. Mine were a bit dry after 1hour, but they weren't very meaty either. Good for small kids too. Definately a cook again.