Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
SO GOOOOODD!! got it from a cheap recipe book! and Its super easy! why? because my 1st time cooking experience was with this recipe and it was great!
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lime, rind of, finely grated
- 12 chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons clear honey
- lime rind (to garnish)
- fresh coriander sprig (to garnish)
- Mix the fresh chilli, chilli power, ground ginger and lime rind together. Rub the mixture into the chicken skins and leave for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to penetrate.
- Heat a wok and add half the oil. When the oil is hot, add half the wings and stir fry for 10 minutes, turning regularly until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken wings. (I usually buy smaller wings (about 14 of them) and just toss them all in a bigger wok, so I don't have to do them twice).
- Add the coriander to the hot wok and stir fry for 30 seconds, then return the wings to the wok and stir fry for 1 minute. (I use spring onion instead of coriander).
- Stir in the soy sauce and honey, and stir fry for 1 minute. Serve the chiken wings hot with the sauce drizzled over them and garnished with lime rind and coriander sprigs. MM MM GOOD!