Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I serve this alot during the winter months. It tastes great hot or cold. Something different for the holidays. I serve with a cinnamon stick in the glass or if i am serving this to a group i add some cinnamon sticks to the bowl to float.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in pieces
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 48 ounces cranberry-apple juice
- crushed ice or ice cube
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a piece of cheesecloth; tie securely with clean string to form a bag.
- In 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat spice bag, honey and 2 cups juice to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag; pour mixture into large bowl (about 2 quart size); stir in remaining juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
I made this for a Christmas party and it was VERY good. Not too sweet and it smelled wonderful.