Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BHG. This was a nice drink, a little bit different.
- 5 cups apple juice or 5 cups apple cider
- 5 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mango nectar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- honey (optional)
- lime slice, for garnish (optional)
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine ingredients (except honey & lime slices).
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sweeten to taste with honey.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with lime slices.
I really enjoyed this cider. Next time I will make it and add ice to it. The flavors are outstanding, you can actually taste the cranberry, cider, lime juice and mango juice in this drink. Loved the addition of the spices and I did use the optional honey. Thank you for sharing this treat. Made for Comfort Cafe - Chalet 01/10 :)
Oh yum! Of course I changed it a little, but not much. I only had 3 cups of apple juice, so I upped the amount of cranberry juice in it's place. This was fine because I love cranberry juice anyways. I also made this in my Crockpot. I just threw in everything but the honey and lime slices and set it to high for 2 hours. It worked quite well that way. The mango nectar really tops this drink. The sweet and spicy flavors are a nice change to the usual holiday punch. This is a hit here! Made and Reviewed for New Kid on The Block Tag - Thanks! :)