Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love ciders and this is a nice one. Don't forget to taste while its simmering to ensure the right ratio of sweet and tart for yourself. If you would like it tarter don't add the honey and if you would like this sweeter than add honey to taste. It's all about personal preference...the honey does help to bring out the spices more and offers a smoother drink.
- 1 quart apple juice, natural
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup honey, clover, wildflower (optional)
- 4 orange slices (garnish)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a large pot add the apple juice, cranberry juice, pumpkin pie spice and honey.
- Heat and stir until the honey has melted then slowly bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into heated mugs and garnish with an orange slice and a cinnamon stick for stirring.
Nicely spiced and sweetened. I don`t normally add sweeteners to my ciders but a honey lover I am so it went in. Thanks!
Very nice! I scaled the recipe down just for me and didn't have pumpkin pie spice, so used nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Thanks for a yummy drink!
This warm, sweet spiced cider just hit the spot for my DH and his head cold -- the steamy flavors came through! The rest of us liked it, too. Made for AU/NZ swap Dec. 2008.