Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another bran muffin for my husband :)
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon or 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bran cereal and buttermilk; let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add in egg, carrots, and oil; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and bran mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin (divided batter evenly).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
I was a little concerned because when I took the muffins out of the oven after 15 minutes, the tops were more browned, and the bodies softer, than I expected. However, 20 minutes out of the oven these were stellar... and they're even better the next day. Thanks NurseDi, for sharing this recipe!