Recipe by gardeninthepocket
Homemade, healthy banana and fruit nut bread with vanilla and spices. A "catch all" recipe for the healthy ingredients in your cupboard. All sugar comes from natural fruit sources. Makes 20 servings. You can mix and match ingredients if you want.
- 177.44 ml whole wheat pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima's Whole Wheat blend Pancake and Waffle Mix, feel free to use anything on hand)
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml your favorite nuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml dried fruit (any)
- 78.07 ml soy protein (about one scoop or 100 calories) or 78.07 ml protein powder (about one scoop or 100 calories)
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml mashed banana (ripe)
- 177.44 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a loaf pan or 2 muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas. Whisk the egg, egg white, oil, milk, and vanilla extract together with the bananas. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.