Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I don't remember who I got this recipe from. This is great served warm or cold and makes a wonderful addition to hot cereal. Core (the tapioca is NOT Core, but only 2 pt. for the whole recipe) or 1 (or two .. please double check!) points
- 3785.44 ml sliced apples, peeled or unpeeled
- 59.14 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 59.14 ml twin brown sugar substitute
- 44.37 ml minute tapioca
- 9.85 ml apple pie spice or 9.85 ml cinnamon
- Layer half of sliced apples, sugars, tapioca, spice in slow cooker.
- Repeat, making a second layer using remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high 4 hours or on low 5 hours.
- Stir and serve!
We had spiced apples for dinner with pork chops tonight. It was very good, very much like an enhanced applesauce! I used regular sugars instead of substitutes and we have lots left for oatmeal cereal, ice cream or just a bowl by itself!
What a great and easy dessert. It's apple pie filling without the crust. The guys plopped vanilla ice cream on top of the warm apples and it all vanished! I made a 1/2 size batch and they wiped it out! I'm glad I took a dish before offering to them. I used Penzey's Apple Pie spice.