Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Courtesy of Crisco® You can always tell a Crisco® Shortening-made Cookie – if you can spot them before they're gone!
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Pillsbury® Reduced Sugar Yellow Cake
- 1⁄3 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks or 1⁄3 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup peeled and shredded granny smith apple (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup frosting
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375°F Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Sprinkle spices over mixture. Add apple, walnuts and egg, mixing on low speed until a smooth dough forms. Drop tablespoonsfuls of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.
- PLACE frosting and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into the corner of a 1-quart resealable food storage bag. Knead to combine. Seal bag. Microwave 5 seconds on HIGH (100 percent power). Snip small edge off bag corner. Squeeze bag to drizzle cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.