Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Weber's Real Grilling
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure chile powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 baby back rib racks, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Make the rub: in a bowl, combine the rub ingredients; mix with your fingertips.
- Remove the thin membrane from the back of each rack of ribs; let ribs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Use about half of the rub to season the ribs on both sides.
- Grill, meat side down, over Indirect Low heat (grill temperature should be about 300°) for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: in a saucepan over med-high heat, warm the oil.
- Add in the garlic; cook until it begins to brown, about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tequila and stand back (it might flame up).
- Add in the remaining sauce ingredients and the remaining rub.
- Stir the mixture, and then simmer until it reaches a thin sauce consistency, 8-10 minutes.
- After the ribs have cooked for 30 minutes, turn them over.
- Continue to grill for another 30 minutes, and then start basting with the sauce every 15 minutes for the last 30-60 minutes of grilling.
- Grill until the meat is very tender and has shrunk back from the ends of the bones.
- The total cooking time should be 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a baking sheet; cover tightly with foil.
- Let rest for 30 minutes before slicing into individual ribs; serve warm.