Recipe by Annacia
Taste-testers (my family) have deemed this a great muffin! They are moist and delicious with a touch of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg with the awesome flavor of the espresso coffee shining through. Great for brunch, dessert (with ice cream), or snacks, and they also freeze well. Make them standard size or mini as you please.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder (or instant coffee)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled (or butter)
- 1⁄4 cup egg, whitw (or 1 whole egg, slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate, mini-chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with papers or grease liberally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso or instant coffee, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture only until combined (Do not over mix). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 10 to 12 minutes for mini-muffins. These muffins freeze well.
- Will yield: 12 muffins or about 48 mini-muffins.