Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very simple, quick to fix and so good. Don't skip the shallots, they make the dish. Nice with a simple pasta side, green salad and crusty bread.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken; add shallots and mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes or until cooked through; chicken should be browned on both sides.
- Remove and sprinkle with cheese.
As Trisha said, this was very mild in flavor, and, well, a bit bland. We were expecting something a little different. I made this exactly as directed, but i think it would have benefitted with a bit more zing - maybe if some cayenne or salsa were added, it might be more to *our* taste. We do prefer chicken with a bit more zing, so perhaps I should have reviewed the spices more carefully. This is a pleasant dish, but just not overly zing-y, to our tastes.
This was good - though very mild in flavor. Our chicken was cooked through, but I believe a longer cooking time would have left it more tender.