Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These burgers are juicy and taste wonderful! Remember to use the full 2 pounds of lean ground sirloin or the burgers will fall apart. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
- 907.18 g ground sirloin
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- Place meat in a large bowl. Add seasonings, sauces, and oil and mix together with your hands. Do not handle too much or it will make the burgers tough - just enough to mix the ingredients.
- Work mixture into patties of the desired size. Place on wax paper and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill until cooked to your desired temperature. Serve on buns.
- Cooks note: Try topping with crumbled blue cheese and bacon or grilled onion, tomato and Italian dressing or mozzarella and pizza sauce or grilled mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
Really good! I used about 1 1/2 lbs. of extra lean ground beef, so I halved the recipe and it worked out great. Very tasty and juicy burgers. Thanks!
My family RAVED about these burgers! Used 1 lb. ground sirloin and 1 lb. ground turkey for economy; omitted the vegetable oil. Pan-broiled since the weather didn't cooperate for our cookout. Keys to juicy, flavorful and intact burgers: having a VERY LIGHT hand when mixing the ingredients and shaping into patties; chilling for at least 20 minutes (better yet, overnight) after shaping; discarding juices that remain on plate after refrigerating (as you would when aging beef); turning only once while cooking. This is a very simple recipe that we'll use regularly.
My burgers came out flavorful, juicy and DID NOT "fall to pieces" as the other reviewer stated. Maybe they need to make sure the patties are well formed with sealed edges. I make hamburgers like this all the time and never have a problem. I really enjoyed the barbecue flavor in these. Thank you for sharing.