Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delightful treat we like to have on special occasions, like New Year's Eve. I saw this a couple of years ago on Good Morning America -- Recipe Courtesy of Rocco DiSpirito. I can't ever find Cherry Pop Rocks here in California -- perhaps you will have more luck where you are! Other flavors of pop rocks would be fine, I'm sure -- but in any case are not essential to the recipe. :) Preparation time does not include the time it would take for the Jello to firm up in the refrigerator.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free cherry gelatin (Doesn't have to be sugar free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint rainbow sherbet
- 25 1⁄2 fluid ounces sparkling apple cider (or any size available)
- 2 liters ginger ale (or any size available)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- cherry pop rocks decorative candies, for rim of glass
- Prepare the Jello according to package directions, stirring 2 cups boiling water into gelatin in large bowl for at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved, and then stirring in 2 cups of cold water-- adding baking soda.
- Pour into a 9" square baking dish and refrigerate.
- When firm, cut the Jello into 3/4" cubes, and put in the bottom of tall, decorative glasses.
- Add a small scoop of sherbet to each one.
- Top each one off with one part sparkling cider and one part ginger ale.
- Sprinkle cherry pop rocks on the rim of the glass and serve immediately.