Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tangy citrus salt elevates lemonade to new heights in this refreshing drink. A mild honey such as orange blossom would be a good choice to complement the lemon juice. Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 cups sparkling water or 6 cups still cold water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- coarse salt, of your choice
- lemon wedges or lime wedge
- Combine lemon juice and honey in a saucepan.
- Heat until honey is completely blended with the juice.
- Chill until cold, then stir and pour into a large pitcher. Add cold water and stir to combine completely.
- Mix lemon zest with finishing salt in a small dish.
- Rub the rim of serving glasses with a wedge of lemon or lime.
- Invert glass into dish of salt and turn to coat rim.
- Add ice and lemonade. Serve immediately.
Utterly delicious. I just happened to have very liquid honey on hand that was a dark amber color and it wasn't really difficult to mix it with the lemon juice without heating it. Once it was mixed I just added the Club Soda to the glass (I made 1 serving) along with the ice and it was ready in about 5-6 mins. I just dipped the empty glass rim in the juice and then the salt to rim the glass. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.