Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Nita Mehta's Breakfast Cookbook
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -4 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- Beat eggs with salt pepper and milk until fluffy.
- Heat butter or oil in an 8in non-stick skillet, keeping the heat low.
- Pour eggs and roll the pan.
- Lift edges of omelette and tilt the pan gently to let the liquid egg roll under.
- Sprinkle green peppers, tomato, mushrooms and ham on top and press gently.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle cheese and cover pan.
- Cook 2 minutes on low heat until veggies get steamed and the cheese melts.
- Serve with vegetable side up.
A really nice combination of ingredients that made a lovely omelet. I used shredded Mexican blend cheese, which complemented this nicely. Thanks for posting this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.