Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although I tweaked this recipe a bit, the original was found on the internet. Posted for use in the Zaar World Tour 5.
Top Review by teresas
We really enjoyed this. I also uncovered the chicken for a few minutes to thicken the sauce like Peter J did. The chicken comes out moist and tender. We didn't get the saffron flavor and I threw in extra because the strands were so short. I served it with rice pilaf and recipe #359378 for a tasty meal. Thanks for posting. :)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 6 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 saffron strands
- 2 -4 peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy skilled heat oil, then add chicken & garlic cloves, frying about 12-15 minutes or until garlic turns golden & chicken is brown.
- Remove the whole garlic cloves & set them aside before pouring the wine into the skillet, then stir while adding the flour & a pinch of salt.
- Add chicken stock , then cover & simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- In a mortar make a paste using the whole garlic cloves, parsley, saffron & the peppercorns.
- Add the paste to the skillet, then cover & simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Great served with rice.