Recipe by Sharon123
From the cookbook Pasta, this is simplicity at it's most elegant!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This was a delicious pasta dish. I did use more pasta (probably about 8 oz.) but otherwise, didn't change a thing. I didn't increase any of the other ingredients and this worked for us, all pasta was coated nicely. Served this with Chicken Parmesan Recipe #39957 and Focaccia Bread Recipe #132365. My family felt like they were eating in a restaurant! Thanks much for sharing this great change from regular pasta and tomato sauce.
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 4 ounces dried spaghettini (or fresh)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, coarsely shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Place the garlic on an oiled baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to boil and cook the pasta until done, about 10 minutes(or less if you prefer al dente).
- Slice off the top third of the head of garlic with a knife. Hold the garlic over a bowl and dig out the "meat" of the garlic with the point of the knife so it fall into the bowl. Pour in the oil and add plenty of black pepper. Mix well.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the clean pan. Pour in the oil and garlic mix, and toss the pasta until all strands of the spaghettini are thoroughly coated, topped with Parmesan. Serve immediately. Serve shavings of Parmesan in a bowl separately, if desired.