Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My mom's spaghetti sauce..... I KNOW it sounds totally odd, but I swear, it is unbelievably delicious! Simple to make using a pressure cooker and is spicy-hot. Enjoy served over thick spaghetti (al dente) with a green salad and a nice glass of wine (although she would probably prefer coffee!)
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 (18 ounce) canchopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 ounces spaghetti sauce mix, use only half (store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (only use what you would drink!)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 serrano chili, sliced in half lengthwise and de-seeded (1 for mild, 2 for spicy!)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- water, to cover beef
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Over high flame, heat olive oil in pressure cooker.
- Brown beef on all sides- about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Cover beef with enough water to submerge.
- Cook beef in pressure cooker with lid on, on high heat for 20 minutes. (Continuously, carefully "shake" cooker over flame to be sure beef does not stick to bottom of pan.).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for additional 15 minutes.
- Allow cooker to cool (follow your cooker's manual- mine says to run under cold water to release bobber.).
- Release lid and stir.
- Drain about 1/2 liquid from cooker- use a baster.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, wine, Serrano chilies and spaghetti sauce seasoning.
- Place lid on cooker and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low low and cook for additional 20 minutes.
- Cool and remove lid.
- Remove Serrano from sauce (if desired) and serve on top of thick spaghetti noodles.