Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe came about from a culmination of a recipe I saw on here and from the way my mother cooks her spag bol! This is pretty much the only way I can get my toddler to eat meat, and he adores it. If I'm cooking it just for him (and for freezer portions for later) in my smaller crock pot I'll omit the tomato soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g beef mince or 500 g ground beef
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic seasoning or 1 clove, crushed
- 700 ml pasta (I use one called 'Sugo') or 700 ml spaghetti sauce (I use one called 'Sugo')
- 420 ml tomato soup
- 250 g thin spaghetti, broken into little pieces (uncooked)
- 1 -2 cup water, if necessary
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a frypan and fry the onion and mince until the mince is browned.
- Transfer to large crock pot and add the italian herbs, garlic, pasta / spaghetti sauce and tomato soup.
- Give it a good stir and set the crock pot on low.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, then add spaghetti, and stir well.
- Cook for a further hour, keeping an eye on the spaghetti and adding more water if necessary.
- Serve in spaghetti bowls topped with parmesan cheese, if that is to your liking!