This great recipe is from David Rocco. It is a very simple and authentically italian way to prepare spaghetti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring salted water to a boil, and cook spaghetti for about 8 minute.
- 2Remove just before the al dente stage.
- 3Drain but reserve a few ladles of pasta water.
- 4Toast breadcrumbs along with parsley in a dry saucepan until golden brown.
- 5In another pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and combine garlic and chili peppers.
- 6Cook for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Do not burn the garlic; otherwise it will become bitter.
- 8Add spaghetti to the pan with olive oil and mix well.
- 9To prevent dryness, ladle some pasta water to the pasta.
- 10Cook for another minute or until desired state of al dente.
- 11Mix in toasted breadcrumbs and parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Aglio Olio (Spaghetti With Garlic and Oil)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.9
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 214.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: