Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my version of the italian classic. It is super easy and cheap to make, but if you use quality ingredients it will taste amazing.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated to serve
- Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tbsp oil until al dente (or firm to bite), drain and keep warm. While pasta is cooking heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook 8 – 10 min, stirring often, until garlic is soft and slightly translucent. Add parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Divide spaghetti among serving bowls, top with parsley mix, stir through and top with grated parmesan.