Recipe by Veggie Ruthie
This is my version of the italian classic. It is super easy and cheap to make, but if you use quality ingredients it will taste amazing.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tbsp oil until al dente (or firm to bite), drain and keep warm. While pasta is cooking heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook 8 – 10 min, stirring often, until garlic is soft and slightly translucent. Add parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Divide spaghetti among serving bowls, top with parsley mix, stir through and top with grated parmesan.