Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've had this recipe for over 10 years. It originally came from the Golden Door Cookbook. Golden Door is a spa in California. I probably will never be able to go there, but I can drink this drink!
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teabags camomile tea
- 1 cinnamon stick, small
- 1 clove (I sometimes leave this out)
- 1 slice fresh ginger, 1/4-inch thick & 1-inch around
- 1⁄2 orange, thinly sliced
- Combine the water and apple juice in a small pan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the camomile tea, cinnamon, clove and ginger. Let simmer gently for 10 minutes to infuse flavours.
- Strain into a heated teapot and serve immediately. Garnish with the orange slices.
This was wonderful! I did not have the ginger on hand but that was ok as I am not a huge fan of it. I also reduced the recipe to serve just me. This was a wonderful pre bed-time treat, as even the combo of flavors and the scent of the tea seemed to be quite relaxing and I slept like a baby! :D Thanks for posting! [Made for Holiday Tag Show the Love Game February 2010]
Very soothing tea! I didn't have tea bags, so used loose chamomile and strained the tea. Thanks for a treat! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
I knew I'm not going to go wrong with this if you've had it for 10 years. I made only one cup with one teabag but I used everything else just as written. Intense but that's the way I like it.A great and interesting,before sleep drink .