Recipe by MarieRynr
This chicken is one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. Easy and delicious, it always pleases. Plan ahead as it needs to marinate for at least 4 hours. I like to serve this with steamed rice and some stir fried vegetables. I often substitute 8 boneless chicken thighs for the breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 slice fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Mix well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in this and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Bake chicken for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned, but not dried out.