Prep 4 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This chicken is one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. Easy and delicious, it always pleases. Plan ahead as it needs to marinate for at least 4 hours. I like to serve this with steamed rice and some stir fried vegetables. I often substitute 8 boneless chicken thighs for the breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 slice fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- Combine all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Mix well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in this and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Bake chicken for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned, but not dried out.
Delish recipe, I diffently make it again. I didn't need to add the port wine. Hubby wanted more next time I make double the amount I made.