Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great way to use up all those zucchini (or even squash) from your garden. Enjoy!
- 6 medium zucchini or 6 medium squash
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- 3 small tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Cut zicchini in half lengthwise, and remove seads.
- Microwave, in batches, in a 11x7 glass dish on high for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Scoop out the pulp, keeping the shells intact; reserve the pulp. Sprinkle the shells with salt to taste.
- Stir together reserved pulp, cheese, and the next four ingredients.
- Fill the shells with the pulp mixture.
- Place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.