Southwestern Shredded Chicken Salad
- Trim chicken breasts of all visible fat. Bring chicken broth and cumin to a boil in a sauce pan and add chicken breasts. Reduce heat to low and simmer till chicken is done. (about 10 minutes) Do not allow to boil.
- Remove chicken from broth and cool. Use two forks, shred chicken and set aside.
- Bring the broth to a boil and reduce until it measures 1 cup. Cool.
- Stir in mayo and lime juice to taste. Toss the chicken with a small amount of the dressing and reserve the rest of the salad.
- Arrange chopped lettuce on serving platter. Starting from the outside, arrange a ring of kidney beans, then tomatoes, then corn and then a ring of green chilies. Put the chicken mixture in the middle.
- Sprinkle entire salad with cilantro. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve with lime wedges.