Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Southwestern Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Brown sausage in skillet with mushrooms. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cheese, chilies, sausage and mushrooms. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Whisk together milk, flour and eggs and pour over sausage/cheese mixture.
- Bake for one hour or until done.
Lovely get ready ahead recipe. I cut it back to 2 eggs, used Brastwurst, cheddar and home pickled peppers. Took 35 minutes in 325 oven. Very enjoyable, very filling Brunch. Thanksellie- for posting it
this was very good for brunch , you can prepare it and put it in the oven while you enjoy your guests. much more like a casserole than an omelet. i used fresh chorizo and added a jalapeno pepper and some chopped onion yet it was still quite mild.