Recipe by Diane Ludy
A new taste bud adventure for fans of both smokey ballpark style food and spicy south-of-the-border flavors. Low carb and low fat. Inspired by Rachel Ray Mag's "Out-of-the-Park Burritos" recipe.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Oh baby! My mouth is still burning from this great lunch - and I didn't have any habeneros! This was simple to put together and a very tasty change for a low fat/high taste meal. Very easy to scale the recipe down for one serving. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (14 ounce) package fat free turkey hot dogs
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 habanero pepper, yellow
- 8 corn tortillas, yellow
- 8 slices fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar dill relish
- 1 (6 ounce) jar peach salsa (or your favorite salsa flavor)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) jar hot pepper sauce (I chose Valentina, or use your favorite hot sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start grilling hot dogs on barbeque or indoor grilling pan.
- Heat corn in microwave-safe dish, approx 2 minutes.
- Heat black beans in microwave-safe dish, approx 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Slice habanero pepper into matchstick size slices.
- Place tortillas between dampened paper towels and microwave on low heat, approx 12 seconds per tortilla.
- To build -- Take each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.
- Place whole hot dog in center of tortilla (should begin to melt the cheese).
- Add a few sliced peppers on one side of the dog.
- Spoon corn on same side.
- Add relish to other side of the dog.
- Spoon black beans on that side.
- Drizzle with hot pepper sauce.
- Roll up tortilla, flip over.
- If cheese is not fully melted, microwave for a few seconds.
- Top with jalapenos and salsa.