1/1 Photo of Southwestern Corn Dogs
Diane Ludy's Note:
A new taste bud adventure for fans of both smokey ballpark style food and spicy south-of-the-border flavors. Low carb and low fat. Inspired by Rachel Ray Mag's "Out-of-the-Park Burritos" recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package fat free turkey hot dogs
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 habanero pepper, yellow
- 8 corn tortillas, yellow
- 8 slices fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar dill relish
- 1 (6 ounce) jar peach salsa (or your favorite salsa flavor)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) jar hot pepper sauce (I chose Valentina, or use your favorite hot sauce)
- 1Start grilling hot dogs on barbeque or indoor grilling pan.
- 2Heat corn in microwave-safe dish, approx 2 minutes.
- 3Heat black beans in microwave-safe dish, approx 1 minute 30 seconds.
- 4Slice habanero pepper into matchstick size slices.
- 5Place tortillas between dampened paper towels and microwave on low heat, approx 12 seconds per tortilla.
- 6To build -- Take each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Place whole hot dog in center of tortilla (should begin to melt the cheese).
- 8Add a few sliced peppers on one side of the dog.
- 9Spoon corn on same side.
- 10Add relish to other side of the dog.
- 11Spoon black beans on that side.
- 12Drizzle with hot pepper sauce.
- 13Roll up tortilla, flip over.
- 14If cheese is not fully melted, microwave for a few seconds.
- 15Top with jalapenos and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 1382.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free turkey hot dogs