Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
SOUTHWESTERN FRIED WONTONS, OR DUMPLINGS
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage or 3⁄4 lb hot pork sausage
- 4 large ripe avocados, , peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 60 small wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and let cool.
- Stir together avocado and next 3 ingredients; stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold corners of wrapper to center, enclosing filling and pinching wrapper edges to seal.
- Place on wax paper coated with vegetable cooking spray; cover with additional wax paper.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350.
- Fry wontons, 3 or 4 at a time, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden; drain.
- Makes 5 dozen.
This was a great recipe... I put some serrano peppers diced up in the meat when I was frying it to add more heat and I also cut the recipe in half as I am the only one that likes avocados or so I thought.... my hubby is addicted lol. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!