Recipe by mshivers60
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Unusual and delicious, this pasta recipe is popping with layers of flavor. Sweet and spicy A.1. glazed walnuts crest fettuccine that is enveloped in a creamy goat cheese alfredo sauce, with A.1. sautéed chicken, smoky bacon, spinach, corn, fresh tomatoes, and a hint of basil in every bite!
- 1 (6 ounce) can nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, divided use
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce, divided use
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 8 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 lb hickory smoked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and each sliced into 6 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12-inch piece of foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add walnuts. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until nuts are lightly toasted, stirring often. Sprinkle with cayenne. Stir in brown sugar, water, and 2 teaspoons A.1. Sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes until most of liquid is evaporated and sugar is melted. Spread on prepared foil. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place corn in a large bowl. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes just until spinach is wilted. Stir in basil. Remove spinach mixture and place on corn in bowl.
- Add remaining A.1. Sauce and remaining butter to same skillet. Cook just until butter is melted, stirring until smooth. Add diced chicken. Cook for 4-6 minutes until chicken is done and coated with A.1. mixture, stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, stir together cream, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese over low heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes just until heated through, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in goat cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place fettuccine in large bowl with spinach and corn. Use a slotted spoon to add chicken on top of fettuccine. Top with bacon. Toss to evenly mix. Pour cream mixture over top and use tongs to toss until fettuccine is evenly coated. Add tomatoes halves and toss gently.
- Divide into six individual serving bowls. Divide walnuts on top of each. Add two avocado slices on each. Serve immediately. Serves 6.